Specialist Areas

We have invested in a specialist 'Computer Aided Design' drawing system, specifically designed for architectural services. This shows the Local Authority a clear and easy to read professionally presented drawings that stand an improved likelihood of receiving beneficial planning permission and Building Regulations Approval.

York Associates have a wealth of experience and design skills, particularly in the following areas: (click on an area to read more)

Loft Conversions
Often it is possible to utilise the existing loft space within a house or bungalow to provide an additional bedroom(s), sometimes with en-suite facilities.
We can provide designs for extensions ranging from small porches, through to single story and larger two story extensions, together with any associated internal alterations.
Internal Alterations
Often, modifying the existing internal layout of a house can make far more efficient use of space and is usually prepared when we are considering extensions.
Extensions and alterations to Listed Buildings
This is an increasingly sensitive area heavily controlled by Local Authorities. We have a great deal of experience in dealing with Listed Buildings and properties within Conservation Areas.
New Houses
To assist people budgeting for their future needs, it is often possible to gain planning permission for new dwellings within existing garden areas, depending on the planning policy and space available. Whether this is a personalised 'bespoke' designed house, or more standard design for development purposes, we have a history of achieving beneficial planning permission on 'difficult' sites.
Housing Development
York Associates can act as 'Developers' for new housing. This would involve purchasing the new plot from our Clients, and building out the planning permission on our own behalf with our NHBC registered Builder.

more information

Project Procurement About our services Planning Portal Logo
Further References For a comprehensive Government based guide on 'Planning Applications' and 'Building Regulations' please visit www.planningportal.gov.uk »